I thought that If God is incomprehensible, you can’t truly know about Him or even be in relation with Him. My friend helped me out of my confusion because I had thought that the words know and comprehensible had the same meaning. So what does it mean that God is incomprehensible? Find out here.
My latest book was just published. Knowing Why: 137 Evidences that the Book of Mormon is True. Edited by Jack Welch, Neal Rappleye, Stephen Smoot, David Larsen, & Taylor Halverson. (American Fork, UT: Covenant Communications, Inc.), 2017.
I was surprised to learn from my Muslim friends about a simple act of prayer that draws me into greater supplication to God and faithful expectations of receiving his blessings, I was similarly surprised to learn from my Muslim friends how I could enhance my scripture study.
Project Name: Interactive LDS Scriptures App with Book of Mormon Central (BMC)
Project Description: Web, desktop and mobile multi-lingual software app that will help users navigate, read, study, ponder, memorize, hear, annotate, bookmark, copy, share, and understand God’s word in the LDS Standard Works.
Location: Utah County, UT
Start Date: September – October, 2017
Duration: Minimum 5-year commitment
Salary: $100,000 per year with benefits
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience developing high quality web and mobile apps
Book of Mormon Central (BMC) seeks an experienced engineer to lead an international software development team that will create a new Interactive LDS Scriptures App taking cues from the best Bible apps currently on the market. This will eventually be an open source project that runs on the web, Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
Duties will include:
- Work with the content team leaders, consultants, management, developers, volunteers, the server admin, quality control staff, end users, and other stakeholders
- Design and manage supporting infrastructure
- Develop and support app architecture
- Define content type specifications
- Define and enforce standards
- Manage development life cycles
- Resolve inefficiencies in the code, automated and human processes
- Help the team stay current with best practices and tools
The successful candidate must be authorized to work legally in the USA
Required skills are:
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Storyboards, prototypes, flow charts, diagrams, layouts, functionality descriptions
- Analysis, design, documentation, programming, testing, process management, teamwork, coaching
- Experience with Scrum, Agile, or similar development methodologies
- Sense of mission
BMC realizes the salary on offer is below market. As a non-profit with limited financial resources, we expect the successful candidate will be motivated by the chance to lead the development of a transformative app. This will not be your most lucrative job, but it may be your most fulfilling.
Interested candidates, please send a current resume and an essay describing why you want to work with Book of Mormon Central to create the next generation LDS Scriptures App to: Magleby.email@example.com
I’ve spent a lot of time in the Middle East. The Middle East is one of the most fascinating though deeply misunderstood regions of the world. Every time I’m in the region I learn something new about people, culture, history, civilization, language, food, or religion.
On a trip to the region a few years ago, I learned a surprising lesson about prayer from my Muslim friends. Read more here.
Need some encouragement and perspective? Check out my new music video, a fan based creation of Let It Grow).